In this new A4 guide, the issues affecting disabled children and their families when choosing a car are considered and include:
- useful features on mainstream cars
- specialist equipment and accessories available
- charities and trusts that exist to help fund equipment for disabled children.
The information in the guide comes from disabled parents and other experts and includes:
- getting in and out for children that need different levels of help
- supporting posture and specialist car seats
- challenging behaviour: harness information for comfort and security
- transporting equipment and things to consider.
‘I found the guide easy-to-read, objective, comprehensive and very informative. When choosing a new vehicle, it’s important to get it right and faced with so many options it can get confusing and overwhelming. The Rica guide really helped us to pinpoint what was important to us as a family and to make the correct choice. Some of the information in the guide can’t be found anywhere else, so it really is an important read and highly recommended’
Jane Holmes, Parent and CEO, Building for the Future, Wokingham