4-day event offers the latest in adaptive technologies along with notable speakers
Showing people how to rise above the challenges they face, the No Barriers Summit is a 4-day event unlike any other that transforms adversity into an advantage. Registration is no open for this accessible conference held June 23-26 in Copper Mountain.
In it’s 8th year, thousands of people of all abilities from around the world are expected to attend this year’s summit. Participants can experience more than 50 adaptive activities in sports, adventure, art and innovative technologies, products and services helping improve lives and break barriers.
Michelle Kephart, a summit scholarship winner:
“It’s been a goal of mine to get back outside since my climbing accident where Injured my spinal cord. As a quadriplegic, many adaptive sports are not quite suited for me to do independently, so I’m most excited to participate in the wheelchair accessible ropes course and find new ways to reconnect with nature.”
No Barriers Executive Director, David Shurna, said:
“Whether you are disabled, able-bodied or something in between, we all have barriers and challenges to overcome in our lives. The No Limit Summit challenges your perceptions of what’s possible and unites us all on a deeper level to create a larger community to ignite change.”
Here is the top must-experience list at this years 2016 summit:
- Dragon Boat Racing – Learn more about the popular sport of dragon boat racing on Lake Dillon. #
- Maysoon Zayid – Never say “I can’t” again after listening to this actress, comedian ans speaker living with cerebral palsy.
- Kyle Maynard, event emcee – Overcome any obstacle with the first man to crawl his way to the top of Mt. Kilmanjaro.
- J.R. Martinez – Gain a new appreciation for the power of resilience and optimism as you learn from this US Army Veteran.
- Amy Purdy – Take a class with a top-ranked adaptive snowboarder.
- Martyn Ashton – Meet a legendary mountain bike rider who doesn’t let his paralysis get in the way of his outdoor adventures.
Chris Klein – See how he gives voice to those who have none – literally.
- Innovative Village – Explore cutting-edge technology and products that will change the world.
- Angelyne – Warm your head by listening to Eric Melvin talk about his do, Angelyn who is a deaf cattle dog who can respond to more the 60 cues.
- Sky High Adventure – Find courage climbing the tallest wheelchair accessible ropes course in America
Learn more about this year’s Summit at www.nobarriersusa.org/summit/.