With bail granted at 1 million rand, equivalent to £73,750, strict terms have been set for Oscar’s release.
Upon payment of the 100,000 rand he must be released with the following conditions:
• He appears in court on 4 June at 8.30am.
• He surrenders all passports.
• He refrains from applying for any passports.
• He refrains from entering any airport.
• He surrenders all firearms.
• He refrains from possessing any firearms.
`• He refrains from talking to any witnesses for the prosecution.
• He will have a probation officer and correctional official from the date of release until the conclusion of the case.
• He shall inform the official all his movements and ask for permission for any journeys outside Pretoria.
• He shall give them a phone number and must be contactable day and night.
• He must not be charged with an offence of violence against women.
• He must not use drugs or alcohol.
• He must not return to his home and not make contact with any residents of his estate except the Stander family.